Offering a variety of Equine Assisted Therapy groups and workshops to provide a hands on experience to deepen and enrich understanding; learn, develop and practice new skills; and build strong connections in order to be more effective in relationships.
HOPEFOAL SUMMER INTENSIVE
The HopeFoal Project™ is designed to address issues of low self-esteem, depression and suicidal ideation in adolescents who live in our community.
These at-risk youth are paired with rescued foals, newly separated from their mothers, to provide a unique opportunity for personal growth. Giving the young adults the responsibility of “gentling and handling” the foals, who have had a rough start in life and need great amounts of love and kindness, helps provide them with a reason to live, thrive, and mature. Through this unique partnership, adolescents from the HopeFoal Project™ can learn to embrace life once again, while the foals flourish from their newfound trust in humans. This camp is for teens of any gender ages 14-17 years old.
Dates: July 9-12, 2017
Your teen would be great for this camp if:
- They have been feeling overwhelmed by their anxiety or depression
- They have been engaging in unsafe behaviors
- They are struggling with peer relationships
Through experiential activities with other peers, horses and art-making, the benefits of this camp include:
- Increased self-confidence and self-esteem
- Greater understanding of the impact of their choices
- A sense of control over their anxiety and depression
- Creating a sense of purpose in life
- EMPOWERMENT AND CONNECTION (with self and others)!
Moms, grab your teen daughter and join us for a day of soul-nourishing, mother-daughter bonding.
This fun and unique retreat will cultivate deeper connection, trust, and understanding between moms and daughters. You’ll enjoy hands on activities with horses and a unique partner yoga practice that will give you and your daughter new self- awareness and insight into your relationship. Daughters must be 13 years and older.
Date: Saturday, May 13th, 2017
Hours: 9:30am- 3:00pm
Investment: $299/pair – Early Bird Rate $275
- Space is limited to 6 pairs.
- No yoga or horse experience necessary.
- Daughters must be at least 13 years old.
- Through interactive experiences with horses, you and your tween can explore how to get on the same page through this challenging transition of “tweenhood”. This workshop will provide a place to talk about changes, attitudes, conflicts and needs Increase self-esteem Learn ways to improve relationships at home and school
- A workshop designed for college bound teens and family members to prepare and plan for upcoming transition to college. Workshop will focus on providing education, understanding and practicing necessary the skills needed to navigate challenges to support a successful landing at college for you and your family.
- This is an 8 session group that will meet MONTHLY for clinicians designed to allow clinicians to increase awareness, gain knowledge, and understanding of what they bring to the therapeutic relationship by providing an alternative perspective through Equine Assisted Therapy activities.
Call 303-910-0250 to inquire about the various groups offered.
Medicine Horse Program~8778 Arapahoe Road, Boulder~ CO 80303