HERD & HEARTS: Teen Wellness Group
This 6 week group will bring fun, connection to a community of peers and skills to deal with the ups and downs of teen life. Each year we run our summer program we see teens who bravely explore and work through some of the experiences that keep them stuck in depression, anxiety and low self esteem. At the end of the program each teem walks away feeling seen, heard, accepted and more hopeful than when they started. This program will equip your teen with empowering skills to no just “get through” but to discover parts of themselves to confidently walk through the life and navigate relationships.
Your teen would be great for this camp if:
- They have been feeling overwhelmed by their anxiety or depression
- They have tendency to isolate from others
- They are struggling with making and/or maintaining peer relationships
Through experiential activities with other peers, horses and art-making, participants will gain:
- Skills & strategies to manage emotions
- Balancing the ‘wants’ and ‘shoulds’
- Building a sense of mastery and self-respect
- Increased self-confidence and self-esteem
- Greater understanding of the impact of their choices
- A sense of control over their anxiety and depression
- EMPOWERMENT AND CONNECTION (with self and others)!
When: Monday 6/4, 6/11, 6/18, 6/25, 7/2, 7/9
Duration: 6 sessions
MOTHER DAUGHTER RETREAT
Moms, grab your teen daughter and join us for a day of soul-nourishing, mother-daughter bonding.
This fun and unique retreat will cultivate deeper connection, trust, and understanding between moms and daughters. You’ll enjoy hands on activities with horses and a unique partner yoga practice that will give you and your daughter new self- awareness and insight into your relationship.
Date: Saturday, May 12th, 2018
Hours: 9:30am- 3:00pm
Investment: $324/pair – Early Bird Rate $299 if you register by March 31st!
Space is limited to 6 pairs.
No yoga or horse experience necessary.
Daughters must be at least 13 years old.
CREATE A CUSTOM EXPERIENCE
Included in the Custom Package Rate:
- Custom & highly individualized therapeutically directed group agenda’s to the dynamically different needs of each group/participant.
- Ability to accommodate larger groups activities will focus on communication, boundaries, rules/roles/function in community/relationships. (Smaller the group the more individual attention each participant will receive).
- 1/2 hour pre-group check in with horse handlers and 1/2 hr debrief which is imperative to maintain the physical and emotional safety the participants AND the horse handlers as well so they can act with integrity ALWAYS and increased self- awareness of how they may be influencing the therapeutic process.
- Collaborating with Residential staff/therapists to update on current themes/treatment goals so we can design appropriate and congruent activities/interventions, as well as a 30-minuted phone call to debrief.
- One of the most beneficial part of Equine Assisted Therapy is the integration participants experience and ability to use what they experienced to make meaning, create understanding and facilitate lasting change in their daily life.
Call 303-910-0250 to create your custom program.
Medicine Horse Program~8778 Arapahoe Road, Boulder~ CO 80303